New Release: Couchbase .NET SDK 2.2.8!
Today we are releasing version 2.2.8 (v2.2.8) of the Couchbase .NET SDK! In this release you will find bug fixes and Developer Previews (DP) for upcoming features in support of Couchbase Server 4.5. This blog will summarize the major commits that make up v2.2.8 as well as list release notes. Note that additional blogs will be written with detailed coverage of some of the newer Couchbase Server 4.5 features!
New Couchbase 4.5 Developer Preview Features!
v2.2.8 provides a DP for the following Couchbase 4.5 features:
- Full Text Search DP
- Include support for AT_PLUS N1QL Queries with MutationTokens aka RYOW
Full Text Search adds search engine capability over your JSON documents somewhat like Elastic Search. This release provides a largely un-tested (so don’t use in production) preview of the API that is exposed by the SDK. There are a tremendous amount of options and types of search queries that are supported, much more than can be shown in this post! Expect a series of posts that go into the core of Full Text Search in Couchbase!
AT_PLUS is a means of ensuring that your indexes are up-to-date enabling one to “Read Your Own Writes” or RYOW. Here is a more in depth article on RYOW and how it works. Note that while the example in Java, it’s near identical to how you would RYOW using .NET!
- [NCBC-1098] – Refactor WebRequest/WebResponse to System.Net.Http namespace classes
- [NCBC-1081] – N1QL Query fails while deserializing results
- [NCBC-1100] – Bucket alias in configuration is ignored
- [NCBC-1107] – enableFlush Setting On ClusterManager.CreateBucket Is Reversed
- [NCBC-1109] – indexReplicas Setting On ClusterManager.CreateBucket Is Reversed
- [NCBC-997] – Include Support for CBFT
- [NCBC-1059] – Include support for AT_PLUS N1QL Queries with Mutation Tokens