This is part 2 (part 1) of Coffee on Couchbase series where we will build a NetBeans plugin for Couchbase. This multi-part webinar series is a discussion with Geertjan Wielenga (@GeertjanW) and Eben Haber (@ebenhaber). As part of this series, you’ll also learn how to build a NetBeans plugin from scratch and learn the awesomeness behind NetBeans platform.
The recording from part 2 is now available: Unfortunately, Geertjan’s voice is not correctly captured in this one! Part 2 covers:
- Show NetBeans users how to install Couchbase and configure it with a sample bucket
- Run a simple Java EE application that queries the documents stored in Couchbase sample bucket
- Migrating the NetBeans plugin from Ant to Maven
- Show a message in popup help menu
- Double clicking on the Couchbase node connects to Couchbase server and displays a message in status window
All the code is evolving at: github.com/arun-gupta/couchbase-netbeans-plugin.
For now, the plugin can be built and reloaded in a new or current instance of NetBeans. You’ll see:
Let us know by filing bugs on features that you’d like to see in this plugin. Enjoy!