We’ve just released Couchbase 4.0 and if you’ve not had a chance to try it you should! It’s full of great new features, such as:
- N1QL (pronounced “nickel”): SQL-compatible query language for JSON documents
- Multidimensional Scaling (MDS): Allows enterprises to isolate different workloads and independently scale the index, query, and data services.
- Global Secondary Index: is a new access path to your data for faster lookup and higher throughput
- Enhanced Security: Simplified compliance with security standards, LDAP integration, and auditing capabilities
- Geospatial Indexes location-aware applications
- ForestDB, a new database engine
- New filtering capabilities on Cross Datacenter Replication (XDCR)
In each release of Couchbase it goes from strength to strength adding new features and improving its scalability and ease of use!
So how did Couchbase 4.0 comabout? Lets take a look at the numbers!
- Codebase 1.7x more lines of code added in 4.0 – many additional parts of code refactored and some parts removed!
- Repos: 16 more repos added in 4.0
- Tests: 2.25x more tests added in 4.0 – a huge suite of performance tests added as well.
- Test Hours: 125K hours of machine time – It also takes %40 less time to run our full suite of tests
- Getting Started!
- Running your first N1QL Query
- N1QL Step by Step tutorial
- Online, classroom, virtual, on-site training at training.couchbase.com