Couchbase Server 4.1 Developer Preview – Interview
Last week I did an interview with David Haikney from Couchbase Engineering about the new Developer Preview of Couchbase Server 4.1.
We talk about some of the new features introduced and what they mean to you as a user of Couchbase.
Personally I have really begun enjoying the flexibility I get with N1QL… no constraints in data search or need to plan how data is to be fetched. Therefore the datamanipulation features that have been added to N1QL is really something I look forward to test and play with!
Here are some of the questions we try and answer for you in this interview:
- What's new 4.1 DP compared with 4.0
- What do we mean with Developer Preview and how to contribute to Couchbase
- Full SQL Syntax for Data Manipulation with N1QL
- How much of the SQL Language is supported in N1QL?
- What about transactions?
- Prepared statements, what is it and when to use them?
- Covering Indexes, a clever way to query data and how it works.
Try Couchbbase 4.1 Developer Preview
Don't forget to try the preview!
We appreciate your feedback!