Couchbase Console has a refreshed UI in Couchbase Server 5.0. Couchbase Server 5.0 is now available for download. But back in January, we were releasing developer builds to get early feedback.
Note: this blog post is an updated repost of A tour of the new Couchbase Web Console (video)
Below is the video I recorded of one of the previews to introduce the new UI. I also did a non-video tour of the new UI.
This video can still give you a basic idea of how the new UI works, and it’s also interesting to compare to the 5.0 release to see how your feedback impacted it.
There are a few differences between that video and the actual Couchbase release:
- The nav has been organized a little differently and the “cluster” and “data” nav headings have been removed.
- The overall design is slightly different. There are percentages instead of percent gauges, for instance.
- Some buttons/filters are in different locations. Make sure to check out the top right of each screen for possible actions.
- In the video I mention that security features are coming soon. They are here! Definitely check out the new RBAC features.
- You can no longer switch back to the “classic” UI
- The UI feedback feature is no longer available