After multiple sneak peeks at what was coming in Couchbase Server 4.0 (4.0 developer preview in April, 4.0 beta in June, and 4.0 release candidate in August), I’m very pleased to announce that our biggest and a major release for the company, Couchbase Server 4.0, is now available for download.
I would like to thank our awesome developer community and beta customers for their deep engagement, and for constantly testing and providing feedback on 4.0 in general, and specifically on N1QL.
Here are some of the key innovations in 4.0 –
- Simplified Development
- Improved Performance
- New Indexing for Responsive N1QL Queries with Global Secondary Indexing (GSI)
- Multi-Dimensional Scaling for Independently Scaling Queries and Indexing
- Advanced Storage Engine: ForestDB
- Simplified Security Compliance
- Improved HA & DR
- Powerful Global Data Distribution with Cross Datacenter Replication Filtering
- Improved Data Protection with Lower latency XDCR
- Connected Big Data Experience
- Improved Provisioning
- Couchbase Developer Portal: Enhanced Couchbase Developer Documentation with a new Portal
Here are some resources to get you started –
What’s New in Couchbase Server 4.0 documentation: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/introduction/whats-new.html
Download Couchbase Server 4.0: http://www.couchbase.com/download
Couchbase Server documentation: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/introduction/intro.html
Release Notes for 4.0: http://developer.couchbase.com/documentation/server/4.0/release-notes/relnotes-40-ga.html
Couchbase ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector: http://www.simba.com/connectors/couchbase-odbc-jdbc-drivers
Visit our Couchbase Server page for more details on the 4.0 release.