It is so awesome to be here at Couchconf San Francisco today and see hundreds of people listening in at the opening session. I’m listening to our keynote speakers from McGraw Hill, SambaCloud and Shufflemaster talk about the next generation applications they plan to build powered by Couchbase Server 2.0. From re-inventing the way students learn with a learning portal, to building the next-gen content management system, to the next viral social game, Couchbase Server 2.0 significantly expands the types of applications that can be built using Couchbase
Now is a good time to share with you what an exciting week this has been! I am extremely happy to announce the release of Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta, which transforms Couchbase Server into a document database. In addition to its easy scalability, consistent high-performance and always on capabilities, the flexible JSON data model, makes it easy to modify your application without being constrained by a fixed database schema. There are several new features in 2.0.
New in Two
- JSON support – 2.0 includes native support for JSON that makes it incredibly easy to build apps using Couchbase
- Indexing and querying – With distributed indexing and querying, users can build rich interactive applications
- Cross Data Center Replication – Using XDCR, you can bring your data closer to your users or ensure you are protected from disasters when data centers go down
- Incremental Map Reduce – With the power of incremental Map Reduce you can build real-time analytic apps or add features like leader boards to your applications
We are excited to get the community up and running with Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta. We have a series of webinars coming up. Join me at the first one that introduces Couchbase Server 2.0. Several other webinars follow.
I hope you give Couchbase Server 2.0 Beta a try and that 2.0 powers your next application. Here are some resources to get you started.
- Download 2.0 Beta - http://www.couchbase.com/download?next=true
- Visit the 2.0 Beta site - http://www.couchbase.com/couchbase-server/beta
- Register for our webinars - http://info.couchbase.com/BetaWebinar1RegistrationPage.html
- Read the 2.0 documentation - http://www.couchbase.com/docs/couchbase-manual-2.0/index.html
- Start developing using 2.0 SDKs - http://www.couchbase.com/develop
Reach out to us via our forums. We look forward to your feedback!